There is no big surprise that specs of several smartphones – upcoming MWC 2011 devices – are being leaked just before 2 days from the Mobile World Congress. The specifications of Samsung Galaxy S2 has been revealed thanks to the British retailer named Expansys, featuring a Dual Core CPU and an impressive Super AMOLED Plus display.
Of course, no pictures, release date or price info has been granted, but I’m sure that in the next one or two days they’ll be available. The specifications are listed below:
- Display: 4.27 inch, Super AMOLED Plus, capacitive touchscreen, 800 x 480 pixels
- CPU: Snapdragon 8260 dual core, 1.2GHz, GPU Adreno 205
- Connectivity: WiFi b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, AGPS, microUSB, NFC, 3G
- Memory: 512MB RAM, 16GB internal storage, microSDHC slot
- Camera: Back – 8MP, 1080p HD video capture at 30 fps, LED Flash, touch focus; Front – 2MP, Video Calling
- Other Features: digital compass, gyrometer, accelerometer
There’s no information about the battery life and operating system, but I assume that the Android 2.3 Gingerbread would be the ideal. Additionally, there is a possibility that Android 2.4 will be the running OS, but that’s not sure. I think the Galaxy S2 is a great phone regarding to its specs, if the design and price are going to be decent enough, then the chances for being one of the best smartphones presented at MWC 2011 would be higher than the others.